At Hotel Las Torres we’re preparing to receive visitors from all over the world again soon and offer them wonderful experiences in the incredible landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park.
Today, more than ever, the well-being and safety of our guests and staff are our top priorities. Since the outbreak of COVID-19 we have been working on aligning our services with the highest standards and protocols in the tourism industry.
Here, we would like to share with you our Cleanliness and Safety Promise.
Hotel Las Torres – Cleanliness and Safety Promise
Our Safety Promise reflects our commitment to Cleanliness and the Well-being of our guests and visitors, so they may enjoy their stay in a destination that is well prepared and equipped.
Hotel Las Torres promises to implement additional standards and protocols related to special cleaning, hygiene and sanitation measures for the prevention and management of COVID-19, to protect the well-being of all those who visit and work at our Reserve. The high standards of our Cleanliness and Safety Promise are aligned with the protocols of leading world authorities (World Health Organization, U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Chilean Undersecretary of Public Health, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
At Hotel Las Torres, we have a multi-disciplinary team of professionals with years of experience in the adventure and hospitality industries. They will be specifically trained to carry out our Cleanliness and Safety Promise and will be accompanied by other specialist professionals who will offer specific advice related to health, safety and well-being. Our entire team is committed to the correct implementation of all our protocols and instructions.
They will use personal protective equipment and apply other measures that regulate and help prevent the spread of COVID-19
– Electrostatic Sprayers
We will use Victory Innovations Cordless Electrostatic Sprayers from the United States. Victory Innovations are specialists in disinfection and sanitization equipment for use in hospitals. These sprayers will apply a disinfectant against SARS-CoV-2 that has been approved by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s List N.
What is Electrostatic Spraying?
What is Electrostatic Spraying? It is the process by which an electrical charge is added to liquid droplets upon being sprayed. This makes the drop electrically stronger than the surface or the item it is treating, working like a magnet. Through electrostatic technology, the disinfectants are electrically connected to the surfaces, forming an enveloping film. 100% of the product is used and treatments are 100% effective, efficient and fast.
EHS software for safety, occupational health and environmental management
In order to go above and beyond standard regulatory compliance, we have implemented a software from Zyght, a company associated with Microsoft, that systematically reduces risks and improves our operations and services in terms of safety, occupational health and environment concerns. This system allows our Health and Safety Committee to monitor compliance with the recommended measures to prevent the contagion and spread of Coronavirus and manage internal safeguards for all our guests, staff and visitors.
– Totem with Hand Sanitizer Dispenser
We will install these totems in the main entrances to our Reserve facilities and in all our offices. They have infrared sensors and hand sanitizer dispensers.
– QR Codes
We will implement the use of digital QR codes, to communicate our hygiene and safety standards, and information regarding the procedures, restaurant and bar menus, excursion details, Wellness Center & Spa, among other topics of interest, thus avoiding the use of printed material that would need to be touched.
– Ozone Technology
We will apply ozone technology in the cleaning, disinfection and deodorization of laundry, together with other associated technologies, to reduce the use of detergent and fabric softener (by approx. 70%) to protect the environment.
Hotel Las Torres Experience – Cleanliness and Safety Promise
To expedite the hotel check-in process, our team will request that guests digitally send the following scanned documents: passport or ID card and PDI (Chilean Investigations Police) migration card (received on entry to Chile). With these documents the Hotel reception can begin the early check-in process. Guests will have digital access to all the information at the hotel and we will also notify them of Hotel Las Torres ́s security and hygiene procedures prior to their arrival.
The sanitization of our means of transportation is essential to the safety of our guests, visitors and staff. This is why Hotel Las Torres has acquired high-quality electrostatic sprayers to ensure the effective disinfection of seats, handles, doors, floors and windows before and after transporting each group of passengers.
Measures for entering the vehicle:
– All airport shuttle vehicles will have footbaths to disinfect the soles of guests’ shoes before entering.
– It is recommended that staff avoid handling guests’ belongings. In the cases that this is required, such as when loading luggage into the vehicle, drivers will always wear gloves.
Measures once inside the vehicle:
– To safeguard the hygiene of each vehicle, hand sanitizer dispensers, masks, tissues, disinfectant spray, as well as individual garbage bags will be made available for each guest.
– All passengers and drivers will be required to use masks in every trip.
Protective screens will be installed, separating the driver’s area from that of our guests/passengers.
– Each guest will be assigned to a specific seat, leaving a free seat between individual passengers (does not apply to guests belonging to the same group).
– Free WiFi will be offered in our vans in areas with 3G coverage.
– A single guest entry and exit point shall be established at respective circuit stops. At both points, passengers will be provided with information on hygiene and sanitary regulations before starting the trip and will be required to follow them.
– Cerro Negro Ranch is one of the circuit points outside the Las Torres Reserve. Here all sanitary measures and cleaning using electrostatic spraying will be applied to all public areas.
The main entrance to the hotel will have sanitizing footbaths to disinfect the soles of shoes before guests enter. In addition, the application of hand sanitizer, face masks and temperature checks will be required and luggage will be disinfected using advanced electrostatic spraying equipment.
In the case of guests that arrive in groups, the procedure will be carried out on a one by one basis, maintaining a safe distance between individuals within the sanitization area.
If guests and clients with a temperature higher than 37.8°C are identified, the protocols for suspected or at-risk COVID-19 cases will be activated.
Our bellboys will use gloves when handling luggage.
The reception area will be prepared for physical distancing, and a protective acrylic screen has been installed at the reception desk to offer our guests safe attention.
In the case that the registration of physical documents such as a passport, identity card and PDI document is necessary, this will be done using a portable scanner to avoid the exchange of objects between staff and guests as much as possible.
Gloves and disinfectant will be used when handing credit cards.
Tissues and hand sanitizer will always be available at the reception desk.
You can inform at check-in, whether you would prefer for hotel staffto not enter your room during your stay.
Room keys will be passed to guests once they have gone through a sanitization process.
Information on the hygiene protocol will be available in each room and also in digital format via QR codes.
A room temperature, in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s recommendations, will be maintained and rooms will be adequately ventilated during the daily cleaning service.
Rooms will be cleaned according to the guests wishes and disinfectant wipes will always be available in the rooms.
Pillows, duvets and mattress covers will be sanitized using electrostatic spraying in addition to daily room ventilation.
Electrostatic spraying will be used to clean rooms completely: room surfaces, furniture, bathrooms, lights, handles and equipment, etc.
RESTAURANT AND BAR
For the safety of our guests and staff, it will be mandatory to use a face mask and maintain a minimum social distance of 1 meter while in our Restaurant or Bar.
Greetings that involve physical contact between guests and staffwill not be allowed.
Before entering our restaurant or bar, guests and clients are required to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and/or apply the hand sanitizer that will be made available.
Restaurant and Bar menus will be presented digitally, using QR codes.
A distance of 1 meter will be applied between seats in the bar, restaurant and lounge areas (this does not apply to guests in the same group).
There will be no plates, napkins, cutlery or condiments on the tables prior to guest seating. All these items will be brought directly to the table as a part of the à la carte service, to ensure minimum physical contact.
Breakfast Service We will offer each guest breakfast with an à la carte service, which will include a selection of savoury and sweet dishes, juices, pastries, cheese and a variety of egg dishes.
All breakfast products will come directly from the kitchen and will be brought by the waiter to each guest on individual plates and trays.
Waiters will serve hot drinks directly, avoiding guest handling. Cold drinks will be prepared in the kitchen and brought to the table in covered bottles.
Dinner, Drinks and Snacks Service. There will be an à la carte service.
A waiter, wearing a mask, will take the main dishes directly from the kitchen to the diner on a tray covered by a cloche or bell jar.
The waiter will bring the drinks from the kitchen to the table and serve them directly into the cup or glass, avoiding the guest’s direct contact with the bottle.
We will recommend minimizing verbal communication between guests and our service staff as much as possible. All our staff are trained in health and safety protocols and food service norms.
Highly transited spaces found in common areas, such as WC services (restrooms), hotel reception and entrance, will undergo constant disinfection using electrostatic spraying. Thorough cleaning will be applied to surfaces that are exposed to contact such as light switches, draw and door handles, furniture etc.
Our excursions take place in open spaces surrounded by fresh air and unique natural landscapes that are not frequently transited. This is one of the great advantages that our destination offers.
Before the excursion:
– Before each excursion reservation is confirmed, guests will be informed of the terms and conditions of service, together with the preventive measures that have been implemented, for their acceptance, established through a declaration of conformity with the Health and Safety Protocol and the cancellation conditions in the case that they present symptoms of COVID-19.
– Before each excursion, each guest’s temperature will be taken. Any guest who presents a temperature higher than 37.8°C will not be able to participate in the excursion and the protocols for suspected or at-risk COVID-19 cases will be activated.
– Box lunches are individual and will be given sealed.
– All hiking equipment, such as hiking poles, binoculars, etc., will be sanitized before being handed to each guest.
– Our individual printed maps will be disinfected before passing to guests and other material and information will be available digitally using QR codes.
During the excursion:
– The use of a mask will be mandatory when staff interact with guests during the excursion.
– Excursions will be organized in small groups to guarantee a safe distance between people.
– All guides have had protocol training and have access to a Health and Safety kit that includes a thermometer, disinfectant, hand sanitizer, extra disposable masks, gloves, tissues and individual garbage bags for each guest.
WELLNESS CENTER & SPA
Only guests with previous appointments will be allowed to enter the Wellness Center & Spa, for visits and/or treatments.
Before entering the Wellness Center:
– For guests and external visitors, appointments should be scheduled by phone or email and a health form that will be sent by email, must be completed and returned, prior to entry, as well as verified before starting treatment.
– Information on hygiene and safety regulations will be available to each guest digitally through the use of a QR code.
– All guests will be required to undergo temperature checks, wear a mask and wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and/or apply hand sanitizer that will be made available.
– During treatment:
Each of the 4 treatments that we will offer, in addition to the sauna and jacuzzi services, will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes. There will be a 30-minute period between each treatment to clean and disinfect the areas.
The therapists will wear complete protective uniforms and hand sanitize during each treatment.
– Disposable cups will be used to drink water, soft drinks and tea. Cups will be disposed of immediately in a wastebasket with lid, once used.
– The Center will be ventilated when it is not being used for treatments.
– No newspapers, books or pamphlets will be provided.
– Only Spa personnel will be permitted to adjust the music and speakers, which will remain stored when not in use.
– There will be no hair dryers in the bathrooms. These should be requested and will be sanitized before and after their use.
– Guests/clients must leave their personal items on a tray provided exclusively for this purpose.
Guest luggage will only be handled, upon request. It can be collected directly from guest rooms by our bellboys.
Express check-out: check out time will be coordinated the day prior to the guest’s departure and all details will be notified beforehand to ensure a more expedited check-out process and reduce the time the guests need to be in the reception area.
Charges will be made to the credit card used as an initial guarantee at check-in. Bills will be sent via email to minimize physical contact.
A special container will be made available for guests to leave their keys in when checking out. Our staff will then sanitize this container and the keys
Other Measures – Cleanliness and Safety
– All event room surfaces, carpets and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each event using electrostatic spraying.
– Spaces will be ventilated after each event.
– If the client requests it, protective items such as disinfecting wipes, masks and hand sanitizer can be offered for events.
For security reasons, events with a large number of attendees will NOT be held.
STAFF AND OPERATIONS
– We will implement new operating procedures to avoid contact between staff from different areas.
– All staff and visitors will be asked to use footbaths to disinfect the soles of shoes. before entering the hotel and other service areas, such as warehouses, canteens and other indicated areas.
– Temperature checks will be mandatory for all personnel and suppliers entering the hotel. If a person presents a temperature of 37.8°C or higher, they will not be allowed to enter the hotel and relevant protocols will be activated.
– The correct use of masks is mandatory during the entire work shift, as well as the use of gloves, sealed eyewear and liquid-resistant gowns, depending on the area involved.
– In order to avoid the grouping of personnel, lunch and snack breaks will be organized in shifts.
– Disinfectant sprayers will be located in staff areas, such as the canteen, rest areas and offices, to regularly disinfect surfaces and equipment.
– In all transited areas there will be instructions to practice hand hygiene and physical social distancing.
– Our hygiene procedures, product quality, and machinery and kitchen equipment conditions will be verified and certified by external specialist authorities. – – These will be complemented with inspections by Unit Leaders, Head Chefs and/or Food Engineers.
– Maintenance personnel that access rooms that need repairs will wear the corresponding personal protection equipment, which will be disposed of immediately upon work completion.
– Maintenance and/or housekeeping personnel entering rooms must be wearing masks and will ensure that guests are wearing masks too, in order to access the area.
– In case a guest needs to be isolated because they present symptoms, a special vehicle will be available to transport him/her. The driver will have a special cleaning kit that includes a KN95 mask, disposable personal protective suit, sealed eyewear, gloves, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer. The vehicle will be disinfected after each trip through electrostatic spraying.
CLEANING AND SAFETY REGULATIONS
The COVID-19 Health and Safety regulations at Hotel Las Torres will be reviewed and updated according to instructions issued by the Chilean Health Authority.
Hotel Las Torres complies with the requirements and high standards indicated in protocols from the World Health Organization, U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Chilean Undersecretary of Public Health, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
PROTOCOL FOR THE DETECTION AND ISOLATION OF COVID-19 CASES
If a person is diagnosed with COVID-19 in Hotel Las Torres, preventive protocols and measures established by the health authorities will be applied.
The hotel will designate isolation areas for each of the guests with suspected cases of COVID-19 and also for the staff who will attend them. An emergency kit, hand sanitizer, mask, disposable personal protective suit, and sealed eyewear will be provided for the guest with symptoms and those who were in close contact with the guest.
When a guest is detected with COVID-19 symptoms they should stop their activities and go immediately to the isolation site at the Las Torres Reserve facility destined for individuals with a suspected case. Administrators or guides will then notify the Occupational Health and Safety Leader, who will manage the situation on site, while reporting to the Las Torres Reserve Crisis Committee. These personnel will be helped on site by a support team trained in both “Approaching and dealing with individuals with a suspected case of COVID-19 in non-clinical environments” and “Wilderness First Responder” courses. A telephone service has been created by the Ministry of Health to provide information on Health and Safety in Chile, “Salud Responde” (Health Response) 600 360 7777.
The administrator or person in charge will ask to sanitize the entire area where that guest had been, following the procedures indicated by the Health Authority – Cleaning and Disinfection of Environmental Surfaces Protocol.
The administrator or person in charge will activate the Tracking Protocol, to identify and isolate people who had close contact with the person suspected with COVID-19 and lead them immediately to the designated isolation area, where they should contact the OHS Department to coordinate a rapid test for COVID-19.
People that are isolated due to presenting symptoms of COVID-19, should follow the consequent instructions to visit a local health center or initiate quarantine.
A specific procedure will be implemented for cleaning and disinfecting rooms where a person with a suspected case of COVID-19 has stayed or is currently staying.
The transportation of the person who presents a suspected case of COVID-19, and/or those who have been in close contact with this person, will be carried out by personnel trained in the “Approaching and dealing with individuals with a suspected case of COVID-19 in non-clinical environments”, supported by land (UTV, van, horses) and water vehicles (boats) properly equipped for prompt and safe transportation.
During the day, the area where the person with a suspected case and/or those who have been in contact with him/her, will be evacuated. Between mountain hostels, there will be transport via UTVs, boats or on horseback, which are the authorized means of transport for the movement of people with COVID-19 symptoms.
We will remain attentive to all new or additional measures established by the Chilean Ministry of Health and regional authorities.
In Hotel Las Torres, we have solid operational experience, high international industry standards and have incorporated stronger health and safety practices to protect the well-being of our guests, visitors and staff, which continues to be our top priority.
We invite you to your next adventure, to explore the natural wonders of Torres del Paine. We have added some new and exciting all-inclusive programs for those looking for something unique.
We are already receiving and confirming reservations for our next season, which starts 1st November 2020 to 30th April 2021. We invite you to contact our sales executives, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with information: