If you are planning to come to Torres del Paine soon, before traveling we recommend that you consider the following:
Who can enter Chile?
Chilean nationals, foreign residents in Chile and non-resident foreigners (tourists) can enter Chile, if they hold a valid Chilean Mobility Pass, which is the coronavirus vaccination certificate. Vaccines received abroad must be previously validated by Chilean authorities to obtain this Pass.
Requirements to Travel to Chile for NON-RESIDENT FOREIGNERS
- Chilean Mobility Pass – validating vaccinations
- Children under 6 years of age who have not been able to access the vaccination process against coronavirus do not need a Chilean Mobility Pass.
- Non-resident foreigners who comply with any of the exceptions presented in Decree 295 from the Chilean Ministry of Interior.
Requirements to enter Chile, BEFORE TRAVELING
- Negative PCR test result given no more than 72 hours before the flight departure time to the final destination in Chile if entering by air. Children under two years of age are exempt from this requirement.
- If a person persistently receives a positive PCR test result due to having been infected with the virus in the previous month, they should attach two positive PCR results, where one of the tests must have been carried out up to 72 hours before departure and the other carried out between 30 and 14 days before the departure date.
- An affidavit for foreign travelers from abroad is required and available at www.c19.cl. All travelers, of all ages, must complete the “Travelers Affidavit” form electronically up to 48 hours before boarding. In this form you must attach the negative PCR result and travel medical insurance.
- Travel medical insurance: is required for non-resident foreigners, who must attach to the Travelers Affidavit a medical insurance policy that covers expenses that may be incurred due to medical assistance, hospital care and repatriation during the period of stay in the country, including coverage for any expenses originated by Covid- 19. The minimum amount of health coverage must be US $ 30,000.
- These documents will be required by the transport operator upon boarding, and by the health authority when entering the country.
Sanitary measures when entering Chile
For those who have at least a complete primary vaccination scheme validated by the Chilean Ministry of Health:
- Upon entering Chile, you will take an obligatory PCR or antigens test. You must stay in quarantine at the address in your Travelers Affidavit until you receive negative results from the PCR test.
- You can take domestic flights while waiting to receive negative test results but will be asked to respect quarantine in the final destination until the negative results are received.
- Once the Ministry of Health receives the negative test result from the laboratory, the Mobility Pass will be enabled and open for use. In the event that the test is carried out with antigens, you must wait at the point of entry until the result of the test is obtained.
For those who are not vaccinated or do not have a complete vaccination scheme validated by the Chilean Ministry of Health:
- Will be given a PCR test at the point of entry into the country – applicable to non-resident foreigners who comply with any exception listed in Decree 295 of 2021 from the Chilean Ministry of Interior.
- They must also do an obligatory 7 day (168 hours) quarantine, counting from the sanitary control at the point of entry into the country. A negative PCR test result carried out at the point of entry into the country does NOT allow the quarantine period to be terminated in advance.
- The quarantine can be at an address declared on the C19 form or in a hotel room.
Requirements to Travel to Magallanes / Patagonia
- Have a valid Mobility Pass enabled
- People without a Mobility Pass must show a negative PCR, taken in Chile where the test date is no more than 72 hours prior to the trip. A PCR test is required for everyone over 12 years old.
Requirements to stay in Reserva Las Torres
- Valid reservation in our hotel, mountain hostels, cabins or camping
- To stay in the Hotel and Hostels and to use our restaurants and bars, a valid Mobiity Pass is required.
Chilean border crossings open for departures from the country
- Arturo Merino Benítez Airport
- Iquique Airport
- Antofagasta Airport
- Punta Arenas Airport
- Paso Los Libertadores, Valparaíso region, from January 4, 2022
- Paso Futaleufú, Los Lagos region.
- Paso Huemules, Aysén region.
- Paso Jeinimeni, Aysén region.
- Monte Aymond Pass, Magallanes region and Chilean Antarctica
Postponed until further notice:
- Paso Chacalluta, Arica and Parinacota region.
- Paso Aguas Negras, Coquimbo region.
- Paso Pino Hachado, La Araucanía region.
- Paso Cardenal Samoré, Los Lagos region.
- Paso Dorotea, Magallanes region and Chilean Antarctica.
Who cannot enter Chile?
The entry into Chile is prohibited for non-resident foreigners who have spent the last 14 days in at least one of the following countries in Africa, regardless of their vaccination status:•
- South Africa
The entry into Chile is prohibited for non-resident foreigners (over 6 years of age) who have not been vaccinated or who don´t have their vaccination previously validated by the Chilean Ministry of Health, and who don´t comply with any of the exceptions contained in Decree 295 of 2021 from the Chilean Ministry of Interior.
Official Information Sources: