Updated Protocols: read all you need to know to visit Chile
Getting to Chile and visiting Torres del Paine is now easier. As of May 1st, Chile officially reopens land borders with Argentina, Peru and Bolivia.
The Chilean Health Ministry has also announced changes to its Protected Border Plan (related to COVID-19). Restrictive requirements and procedures to enter the country have been eliminated, making it much easier for international tourists to travel to Chile. Starting from 14th May, it will no longer be necessary for international tourists to present a negative PCR test result or proof of COVID-19 vaccination from their home country in order to enter Chile. However a Mobility Pass, given to vaccinated people, is currently still required for entry into restaurants, bars and other enclosed spaces.
Requirements for entering Chile
According to the Protected Borders Plan, Chile is currently in Alert Phase 1, the lowest level, which does not include travel restrictions. Currently, the requirements for entering Chile are:
- Although it is not mandatory, we always advice you to take a COVID -19 test before traveling.
- We encourage you to apply for the vaccination validation in order to obtain the “Mobility Pass” (Pase de Movibilidad), even though it is voluntary, as the pass allows you to enter enclosed spaces such as bars, restaurants, buses etc.
Requirements to stay in Las Torres Patagonia Hotel and Mountain Hostels
- A valid booking in one of our accommodations
- A Mobility Pass or proof of vaccination from the country of origin (foreign guests), in order to enter into enclosed spaces.
Chilean border crossings that are open:
- Arturo Merino Benítez Airport
- Iquique Airport
- Antofagasta Airport
- Punta Arenas Airport
- Paso Los Libertadores, Valparaíso region.
- Paso Futaleufú, Los Lagos region.
- Paso Huemules, Aysén region.
- Paso Jeinimeni, Aysén region.
- Monte Aymond Pass, Magallanes region and Chilean Antarctica
Requirements to stay in Reserva Las Torres
- Valid reservation in our hotel, mountain hostels, cabins or camping
- To stay in the Hotel and Hostels and to use our restaurants and bars, a valid Mobiity Pass is required.
Official Information Sources:
Please use the following websites for up-to-the-minute information